Six bitter truths in life you’ll learn the hard way.
I’ve read a lot of inspirational posts, “do better in life”, “push to your limits”, “live life to its fullest”, there’s no limit of such encouraging posts on the Internet.
Some of them are incredibly inspiring, while some are right off stupid. I’ve seen both. A lot.
But what I’ve rarely seen is a harsh post, a post that drags people down to Earth and does not give them unnecessary wings they’re not worthy of.
So that’s what I’m doing this week, I proudly present you six bitter truths of life!
1. You’re not the best.
People think pretty high of themselves. “I’m the best”, “Nobody can do this better than me”, these are sayings on many people’s lips, it’s a general thinking among people, if they do something good, they’re best at it.
If you’re good, that does not mean you’re the best.
Somewhere somebody is better than you and you can do nothing about it.
You might be good at basketball, you might be a school champion, you might be a national player. but you’re not the best.
Even athletes who compete in the Olympics are not the best in their sports.
Every year, new champions are being made, even if you’re considered the best worldwide, you’ll still be overthrown in time.
2. You’ll always have a critic
No matter how good you do, there will always be someone who will criticize your efforts, they will bring you down and try to break you.
Even if you think your work cannot be criticized, someone will come and criticize it and your mouth will be left open.
And not only constructive criticism, I’m talking about straight out arrogance, that person will give no tokens to your work and will declare it useless, just like that.
3. People will be judgemental
They will judge you on everything you do, be it the most tiny bit of thing, they will form their opinions off it.
And some of their opinions about you will be totally different than what you truly are, it’ll be the complete opposite of what your inner feelings and thoughts relate to.
Sometimes they’ll not even do it consciously, it’ll be subconscious, they and you will never know when their head’s cooking something about you.
4. You’re bound to make mistakes
You’ll make a mistake, do whatever, you will make mistakes in life and you can’t stop it.
Not once, not twice, not thrice, many times, you’ll be wrong quite a lot.
You’ll think that you’re doing the right thing, but when you sit back and think, you’ll know you’re wrong.
You’ll make a ton of mistakes, and there’s no stopping it.
5. There will always be that one person who’ll never like anything you do, because it’s you.
Not to be confused with the critic, this person will not dislike one or two of your works, they’ll hate everything.
Because it’s you.
If there was a dislike button in life, they’d smash it all over your face.
And it’s not necessary that this person shows that up front, he’ll see your new picture on Facebook, and ignore it blissfully.
Just cause. You.
6. You’ll never become a rockstar.
No, you won’t.
But wait, everything can’t be so bitter, right?
Let’s shine the optimistic light and re-roll the “truth”.
1. You’re not the best. Yes, somebody will put you down someday, but life’s not only about competition, sometimes competing is not the solution, if we can’t be the best, let’s enjoy with what we can be! And who wants to be perfect anyways?
2. You’ll always have a critic. And you’ll always have people who love you.
3. People will judge you no matter what. And true friends and family won’t, they’ll take you for whatever you are, and love you for it.
4. You’re bound to make mistakes. Yes, you will make a lot of mistakes, and that’s how you’ll learn, every mistake of yours will refine you and make you better.
5. There will always be that one person who will not like anything you do, because it’s you. Who cares about that person anyway? Keep doing what you do!
6. You’ll never become a rockstar. Because you’re already one!
Well, this did turn out to be an inspirational post after all. *quickly scurries away*
What do you think are some other bitter truths of life? Do they have a positive side? Whatever you think, let me know through the comments below!
Also, sorry for the inactivity, I’ve been a little busy, I think I’ll address that in another post, till then, stay tuned and keep reading!